the beginning of change is always a new idea…
When I asked other formidable women to list for me titles of books they have read that empowered them, gave them courage to change, to stand up for and hold their own power, books that have helped them see themselves in a new more positive light, more worthy, more able to take life-changing action, these are the titles and authors who surfaced.
I have added titles also, that have and continue to guide me on my spiritual path.
I pray you will find sustenance, support, inspiration, and courage among these pages. Also, I hope that should you want to recommend a title or an author, you will leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
- A Book for Couples, Hugh Prather
- A Course in Miracles, Foundation for Inner Peace
- A Room of Her Own, Chris Casson Madden
- A Thousand Names for Joy, Byron Katie
- Awakening the Buddha Within, Lama Surya Das
- Boundaries, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, Al-Anon Family Groups Head, Inc.
- Co-Dependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Care for Yourself, Melody Beattie
- Composing a Life, Mary Katherine Bateson
- Dying to be Me, Anita Moorjani,
- Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert
- Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist,Olga Kharitidi
- Everyday Grace, Marianne Williamson
- Fight Less Love More: 5 minute Conversations to Change Your Relationship Without Blowing Up or Giving In, Puhn, L.
- I will Not Die and Unlived Life, Dawn Markova
- Initiation, Elisabeth Haich
- Language of Letting Go, Melody Beattie
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, Sheryl Sandberg
- Love is Letting Go of Fear, Gerald G. Jampolsky
- Loving What Is, Byron Katie
- My Grandfather’s Blessings, Rachel Naomi Remen
- My Own Worst Enemy, Davis, J.
- Peace is Every Step, Thich Nhat Hanh
- Percolate: Let Your Best Self Filter Through, Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino and Katie Eastman
- Practicing the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence
- The Color Purple, Alice Walker
- The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, Sue Monk Kidd
- The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams, Debbie Ford
- The Places that Scare You, Pema Chodron
- Things Mama Told Me, Olga Samples Davis
- Traveling with Pomegranates, Sue Monk Kidd with Ann Kidd Taylor
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, Alcoholics Anonymous
- Victory Over Verbal Abuse: A Healing guide to renewing your spirit and reclaiming your life, Evans, P.
- Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Women a Who Run with the Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Worth of a Woman, Marianne Williamson
- Your Perfect Right, Alberti, R. and Emmons, M.
- Boland, Eavan
- Angelou, Maya
- Flinders, Carol Lee
- Hirshfeld, Jane
- Kenyon, Jane
- Oliver, Mary
- Piercy, Marge